Take2 Prophecy™ Test for Nasopharyngeal Cancer (NPC)
Take2 Prophecy™️ Test for Nasopharyngeal Cancer is a ground-breaking, blood-based, and non-invasive early cancer detection test. It analyses human and NPC-associated genomic signatures of EBV DNA in the blood plasma using a combination of Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) and Next-generation Sequencing (NGS) technologies. It enables NPC patients to be identified in their early stage for timely treatment and increases their survival rate.
- Sensitivity greater than 97%
- The test utillises the NGS technology invented
- The world-class research team from The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Simple and non-invasive, only requires a single blood draw
- The results ready in 3-7 working days
- Doctor Consultation
What is NPC?
Nasopharyngeal cancer (NPC) is a type of head and neck cancer which originates in the nasopharynx. The nasopharynx is located at the “concealed” area between the middle of the head, at the end of the nasal cavity, and the upper part of the throat.
NPC is also named the “Guangdong cancer”!
NPC, also known as “Guangdong cancer”, has a particularly high incidence rate in Southeast Asia and Southern China, especially in Guangdong and Guangxi provinces and Hong Kong. In Hong Kong, NPC is one of the top ten cancers, and there are 600-800 new cases every year. It is also one of the top five cancers for men aged between 45-64 in the past ten years.
As the symptoms of early NPC resemble flu or inflammatory illnesses (refer to the graph below), it is usually hard for patients to relate the symptoms to NPC at the early stage, causing a delay in seeking medical intervention. Research shows that 80% of unscreened patients were diagnosed with NPC at a late stage.
Are you able to protect yourself against NPC without a vaccine?
The symptoms of NPC at an early stage are non-specific and not easy to be identified. There is no vaccine to prevent and no specific medication to cure NPC. Early detection is the key to make a difference.
With the launch of our pioneering technologies, NPC patients can be identified at the early stage, which enables timely treatment. NPC patients might have less treatment side effects and better survival. The survival rate of early-stage NPC patients could be higher than 90%.
Symptoms of NPC:
- Partial headache
- Hearing loss
- Blood-stained nasal discharge
- Swallowing difficulty
- Hoarse voice
- Neck swelling
Risk Factors of NPC:
- Having a diet rich in salt-cured food
- Infection with Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV)
- Frequent exposure to formaldehyde or chemicals
- Frequent exposure to other carcinogens
- Family history
|Name or description of the test||Take2 Prophecy™ Test for Nasopharyngeal Cancer||Traditional EBV DNA test||Traditional EBV serology tests|
|Technology||PCR and NGS||PCR only||Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA)|
|Detection target||Human and NPC-associated genomic signatures of EBV DNA||EBV DNA||Antibody of EBV (eg: IgA-VCA)|
|False positive rate||0.7%||around 3.4%||up to 40%|
|Validated for early NPC detection with large-scale clinical trial||✔||✘||✘|
Instructions for use:
- Must be used on or before the expiration date
- Please show your confirmation information, order number, registered full name and phone number for verification
Terms and Conditions:
- This voucher is only valid for Trinity Medical Centre.
- This offer is for Trinity eshop only.
- The voucher, which must be paid on or before 31 Dec 2022, can be used at Central or Tsim Sha Tsui Trinity Medical Centre.
- All services must be booked and completed on or before 31 Jan 2023.
- If customer need to change an appointment, they must call our customer service hotline 3 days before the examination, otherwise the appointment cannot be changed and no refund will be provided.
- This voucher is non-refundable and cannot be redeemed for full or partial cash.
- You must bring this ticket to the front desk when you register.
- This voucher cannot be used with any other special offers and promotions.
- This voucher is not valid after expiration (except for COVID-19 policy).
- If this voucher is lost or stolen, we will not accept any liability and will not provide any reissue in such case.
- If you have any questions, please call 2192 7022 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Trinity Medical Centre reserves the right to amend the above Terms and Conditions without prior notice. In case of any disputes, Trinity Medical Centre reserves all rights for final decision.