Shingrix Vaccine (2 doses)
〔>18 years of age who are immunocompromised & aged 50 years and above〕
Shingles can relapse at anytime
Herpes Zoster, also named Shingles, is a contagious disease caused by varicella-zoster virus infection. Once chickenpox has resolved, the virus remains inactive in nerve cells. Shingles may happen to people who have had chickenpox before, even if you are in good health. The treatment includes antiviral drugs within 72h of the appearance of skin rash. However, the initial symptoms may not be apparent, patients may have missed the perfect timing of treatment.
Almost every adult can develop Shingles
In Shingles, pain is excruciating
Where the virus is reactivated, virus travels along the nerve to the skin of different parts of body. Different affected body parts may cause different medical conditions. Serious cases may lead to facial nerve paralysis, vision loss or even blindness and deafness.
30% of patients suffer from post-herpetic neuralgia (PHN)
Patients can suffer from neuralgia for up to several years, for example:
Patients experience acute pain with even a slight touch to the skin. Some patients will use painkillers in the long term, which affects their quality of life.
A New Generation of Prevention SHINGRIX
SHINGRIX (ZOSTER VACCINE RECOMBINANT, ADJUVANTED) The preferred vaccine against Shingle recommended by CDC, the only shingles vaccine to provide over 90% efficacy in all age groups, protect against Herpes Zoster (HZ) and Post-herpetic neuralgia (PHN), and reduce the risk of other complications.
>18 years of age who are immunocompromised & aged 50 years and above, even you have received zoster vaccine before. The above are suggested to receive Shingrix (recombinant) to protect against Shingles.
SHINGRIX time of vaccination
- Suitable for >18 years of age who are immunocompromised & aged 50 years and above
- There is no contraindication for immunocompromised patients
- Most frequently reported side effects include pain at the injection site, myalgia, fatigue and headache, last for 2 to 3 days averagely
Q：If I have had Shingles before, can I receive Shingrix vaccination?
A：CDC suggested that you should receive Shingrix vaccination, to prevent its relapse.
Q：If I have received Zoster Vaccine Live before, Should I receive Shingrix again?
A：CDC suggested that you should receive Shingrix vaccination.
Q：If I am not certain of my medical history of chinkenpox, Can I receive Shingrix?
A：CDC suggested that everyone >18 years of age who are immunocompromised & aged 50 years and above, even not certain with chinkenpox history, can receive Shingrix vaccination.
Q：How many doses of Shingrix vaccine should I receive?
A：CDC suggested that anyone >18 years of age who are immunocompromised & aged 50 years and above, without any Shingles vaccination beforehand, should receive 2 doses of Shingrix recombinant vaccine.
Instructions for use：
- The first dose must be given within 90 days after purchase ; All doses must be completed within 6 months after the first dose.
- Please show your confirmation information, order number, registered full name and phone number for verification
Terms and Conditions：
- This voucher is only valid for Trinity Medical Centre.
- The vaccine must be given within 90 days after purchase of this voucher. All doses must be completed within 6 months after the first dose. This voucher can be used at Central, Causeway Bay or Tsim Sha Tsui Trinity Medical Centre. The validity period will not be extended by this voucher.
- This voucher is non-refundable and cannot be redeemed for full or partial cash.
- You must bring this ticket to the front desk when you register.
- This voucher cannot be used with any other special offers and promotions.
- This voucher is not valid after expiration (except for COVID-19 policy).
- If this voucher is lost or stolen, we will not accept any liability and will not provide any reissue in such case.
- If you have any questions, please call 2192 7022 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trinity Medical Centre reserves the right to amend the above Terms and Conditions without prior notice. In case of any disputes, Trinity Medical Centre reserves all rights for final decision